Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Making the Bed

It happens every time there is a sheet change in my house. The rotund Mrs. Kisses absolutely must help make the bed. It starts when I begin removing the old bedding. She jumps up, looks coyly at me and begins acting like a flirty teenage girl. I pull sheets out from under her and she whines. Then she sashays around on the mattress pad, looking completely satisfied with her fat self. I tell her again and again that I'm making the bed and she is in the way, but she ignores my chastising.

When I start the "fwapping" of opening the sheets across the bed, she rolls on her back and looks happy. As the parachute of cotton lands on her, she whimpers again, but doesn't move. As I tuck the corners in and the sheet forms to her beloved mattress pad, she panics and wants out. Her head pops out from under the last open end, then she runs to the part that is flat and clean on the mattress. We begin it all again on the top sheet. I remind her that I'm trying to make the bed while she plays her tent game with the clean sheets.

When we get to the blanket and comforter that just need to be pulled back up, she watches from the pillow area until I get close to the top. She swishes around, peering under to see if there's room for her to dart underneath before I yank the blankets taut again. As I finish the bed with the pillows, she lies in the middle of the completed project looking like a queen. So self-satisfied!

I wish I had gotten a picture of her sassy self!

If anyone wants a beautiful new baby, let me know. A friend of mine has rescued a batch that will be ready very soon. I think she will even deliver to the area! Go look here: http://shaken-but.blogspot.com

5 comments:

shakenbsis said...

thanks for the link Chick-a-dee! =)

OMG! I dumped milk in my bed this morning and had to change my sheets too! My cat does almost he same thing as Mrs. Kisses! LOL (except my bed is a loft bed and I am in danger of falling out as I struggle with her over the sheets!)

you are toooo funny mis Suz!

Kathy said...

Awwwww, don't you just love the young'uns?! Cute story.

Osh said...

yes! all my babies do this, I love it!

dj said...

Hi Suz; Hehe my Sierra does this too!! Thats so weird.

Cats are so cuckoo bananas!!

Thank you for letting us come over to see the kitties!! You have a really nice place! But I just realized I never got to meet YOUR babies!

You're a sweet person Suz!! :)

shakenbsis said...

I'm so sad Suzie...

Had to change the sheets again last night, my kitty peed in the bed. She never, ever makes litter box mistakes, even when she is really mad =(

these kitties have put her over the edge...