Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sweetness

I spent the last two nights acting like I was 16 years old. I don't regret a minute of it, either. So many happy thoughts run through your mind when you meet Johnny Depp, yet the words don't come easily. It's too difficult to sum it all up in mere sentences; the emotion is a little indescribable.

Here's something that did finally settle into my heart as I observed the gracious Mr. Depp with his fans. When he is shaking your hand, he is all yours. His eyes see you, and he hears what you say to him. He is very sincere with his fans, and makes them know that he appreciates them. That's cool all by itself. But there's even more to this gentle man. When he takes your hand to shake it, he instinctively puts his other hand over yours. He really takes in the experience of greeting his fans. When his hands were closed over mine, I looked him in the eye and told him thank you. He replied with, "Ohhh, thank you! It makes a girl want to swoon.

It took me awhile to find the right word to describe him, but here's what I finally got. He imparts you with this calm peace in his presence. Odd how in a frantic five second exchange with hundreds of others waiting to get their own moment, Johnny is able to leave you with such a refreshing peaceful feeling. Wow. He just amazes me.

Without further ado, let me show you my beautiful up close pictures. (The kind folks over at Deppography will probably want that second one in their eyelash thread)!!






7 comments:

shakenbsis said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
thanks agian for your hospitality chica! = )

Osh said...

good times!

Michelle said...

Yay! You got some great shots.

Maegen said...

nice shots!
hey, so you were the lady the was on my left..between shakenb and i...you had left to get chapstick and came back... correct? that was you?!

just wondering if you had gotten any pics of johnny hugging me or toadless girl... if i have the correct person, i remember you were messing with your flash on the camera and then you had your cell phone out too..
let me know! :)

dj said...

Hi Suz--those are some really great pics! I really understand what you mean when you say peaceful. He is such a gentle soul...and you have captured the experience totally. In fact, when it was over I remember thinking--what just happened? Did that really happen?? It really was pleasantly surreal! LOL

Thanks Suz!

Kathy said...

Awwww, what a cool experience! Everyone needs a little peace now and then, huh?

Rod said...

"Johnny is able to leave you with such a refreshing peaceful feeling"

And he does that to everyone - what a gift!!