Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Job Carousel

To make my point (and prove that I am not sitting by idly), let me tell you about my morning.

I scour the want ads in several different places on the web every single day. Last night I was up way too late as usual, and reading the help wanted ads. I watched a 20-minute video on a get rich scheme that promised vacations and a grand lifestyle. I just couldn't buy into that. I did bookmark some other jobs for another perusal this morning. As of 11:30am, Wednesday, May 28, 2008, here are the jobs I applied for:

Assistant Bar Manager--basically an Assistant Food and Beverage Director at a country club. (I've done this)!!

Independent Collection Contractor--"deliver notifications on behalf of collectors for several different companies." No collecting of the debt, just notifying. Serious cash, the ad says. I'm into serious cash.... I wonder if I'd be into serious anger?

Assistant Manager--A construction cleaning company is looking for someone to organize and be a taskmaster. This I could do!

Report Editor--A private investigation company is looking for someone to edit their findings. Sounds juicy. It's probably more akin to editing a dictionary.

See? I'm OUT there! One of those jobs is a 7:30am start, another is probably more than I can handle, and the other two are probably bogus, but if you don't ask, you don't get answers.

I still want to work for the chocolatier. Sadly, she hasn't called me back. It's back to the overstaffed restaurant for another shift, I guess.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I hope someone call for an interview!

Osh said...

I give you so much credit...I could never work in the service industry...sevicing my family is hard enough lol...and I don't get paid a dime.

Good luck, and btw your hair cut is fabulous! very sassy!

shakenbsis said...

I SWEAR, I've been checking yor blog everyday!!! HOW did I miss this??? this new bug is makingme sooo crazy, grrr....

I hope the cocolateir calls you!

Kathy said...

Hey! I have to tell you, in case you are interested, that there is a Tilted Kilt opening on the East side, near Target. Used to be a Damon's. Don't know much about the place, but here's their website: http://www.tiltedkilt.com/

Looks like a plaid hooters. Can we say boobies here?

Kathy said...

Corporate restaurant - you won't like that!

Suz said...

Thanks, guys! :)

Kathy, I can't get hired at the mom and pop places, why would a plaid hooters (with BOOBIES) hire me?

Yeah.....corporate sucks!

(BOOBIES)!!

shakenbsis said...

boobies... = )