Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Ten Things to Smile About

1. Last night was a complete bust at work. The saving smile is that the best server ever took us out for pizza. It was rewarding to be invited out. The college kids at corporate half-heartedly invited me out a few times, but they never meant it.

2. I have a date for dinner tonight--with my family. We have become a strong family over the last few years, and I'm glad that we are making time to break bread together. We have had a very difficult '08 with life-changing events. Supporting my mom is important. I'm grateful to have these plans.

3. The music on the radio and in my cd player lifts my mood daily. My stereo is virtually always on. I don't know where I'd be without my music. Thank you to all the great musicians who fill my world with happiness.

4. I got my inheritance! I shopped carefully and am now the owner of a 32" LCD television. Having a tv that works so great is a blessing. I even hooked up my stereo speakers to the new tv. It's not a home theater, but it's nice. It feels like a great luxury has been bestowed upon me. A small gift of cash will be given to my mom tonight, too. The rest of the money is going into a money market to be my safety net for panic time when it looks like I can't make ends meet. How nice to have that cushion.

5. My mechanic finally scheduled the repair for my parking lot bumps from the winter. How cool is it that the gal who hit me left a note and her insurance company is covering this repair? I can't wait to have an unblemished car again!

6. It's summer! The windows are thrown open and a beautiful floral scent wafts through with each breeze. This is something I will never take for granted. Thank you to my landlord and all of my neighbors for planting such wonderful flowers.

7. I am shipping an autographed Packer football to my best friend who is stressing over her new manager position. She just moved there 10 months ago to escape a bad marriage and make a fresh start. Starting over is hard. This gift from home will make her smile. And that makes me smile.

8. My kitties are all happy (and healthy again, thanks to a wallet-zapping visit to the vet). But having them wandering around the house happily is a joy to me. I love my kitteh babies.

9. I got my tickets to the Packer Stockholder's meeting! I've always 'said' I was going to go, but this year I really am going to go. I'll have a free Packer Hall of Fame tour and an opportunity to buy some stockholder-only Packer merchandise. And I get to go to Lambeau Field and fill my heart with all things Packer. YAY!

10. The trains are back!! How I've missed the affirming whistle of a train. I don't think the trains are all running, but I hear train whistles.

Life is good. Life....is....good.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay, I'm glad you are happy :) That is awsome that you got a new tv. Hope you have fun at your dinner tonight :) We'll miss ya at Kurths!

shakenbsis said...

Suz!!!
That's a great idea!
I'm gonna think up 10 things I have to smile about (one of them will be YOU!)
Yeah, on the TV!
Double yeah on spending time with the fam... I miss my fam...

dj said...

Hey how did I miss this post!??

I'm behind the times!!

You know it sounds corny but "counting your blessings" is one thing I live by. Its what I do when I'm am feeling a little down--even when I'm not! I really believe life IS all about the little things in life that make you smile!!

Have a great day Suz!! :)